The border is a big deal, and the problems are real, but often lost in the shutdown madness is whether the crisis is bigger than other crises impacting the country: https://t.co/AuDYrfKsp1
• Since President Trump's Oct. 16 tweet about the caravan, 547 people have been shot in Chicago, and 111 people have been killed
• Suicide rates continue to climb year over year despite a healthy economy.
• Seven U.S. military officers were killed in Afghanistan since Oct. 16
• 86 people were killed in the Camp Fire in Paradise, California. Trump is now blaming California for not exercising "proper Forest Management" and threatening to cut off emergency aid.
• An estimated average of three men are killed every day in the U.S. by police officers