Today I woke up at 7:30. Calm breakfast with the family. We watched a cartoon, then played with some legos.
At 8:00 I worked out for 45 mins.
Then I chimed in on some work threads in Basecamp. Coworkers will read whenever.
Finally spent 4h writing + programming.#FounderLyfe
It used to be a sign of pride for the boss not to be a harried, sleep-deprived mess of a human. Someone with the spare capacity to think and ponder.
Now every waken moment has to be jam-packed with bullshit. The faster they’re running, the more important they seem.
Executive prowess isn’t measured in units of exhaustion. Nobody beneath you in the hierarchy will applaud you for burning the candle with a flamethrower.
All you create is dread and anxiety. A culture of keeping up with a mad schedule is crazy. It doesn’t have to be like that.
Five business books that lit a bulb 💡
- Blue Ocean Strategy: Build something novel.
- Maverick: You can be different.
- The Intelligent Investor: Fundamentals are eternal.
- The Effective Executive: You’re wasting most moments.
- Drive: How to keep going.
Five political/economics books that 🌅 🧠
- Origins of Political Order: Civilization = institutions
- Political Order / Decay: Gridlock is state failure
- Debt, First 5000 Years: Money != exchange
- Capital In 21st Century: Who gets growth?
- Wealth of Nations: Econ 101
Five books that taught me about myself
- Finding Flow: Happiness is absorption
- Meditations: Reactions are a choice
- Punished by Rewards: Only intrinsic motivation lasts
- Man’s Search for Meaning: Fortune is finding a purpose
- On the shortness of Life: Life is long enough