[THREAD: Fed up with Carrie Lam's wordplay]
1. What #CarrieLam saying “the Bill is dead” is another ridiculous lie to the people of #HongKong and foreign media because the bill still exists in the ''legislative programme'' until July next year.
2. The proper way for Mrs Lam to “kill” the bill is to invoke article 64 of the Rules and Procedures, to FORMALLY WITHDRAW the bill. However, she fully IGNORE this procedure in her speech.
3. But today she still refused to promise a formal “withdrawal” despite public outcry, has proved that Carrie Lam is a HABITUAL LIAR.
4. ***The crux does not lie in the word play, whether “suspend” or “withdraw”, I think the key is whether she would Promise NOT TO initiate the bill again during her term. She has to make it clear.***
5. She has responded NONE of the public demands. She insisted using IPCC, her appointed committee to investigate police abuse of power. But as former Chief Justice Andrew Li pointed out today, an independent inquiry is a necessary move to solve the current governance crisis.
6. She has to stop prosecuting activists who participated in the protests — although she dropped the riot classification, DOJ can still sue the activists using riot charges.
7. Our demand is free election because all governance crisis stems from the political inquality. We learned that the gov is planning to disqualify candidates again during District Council Election in November. I strongly oppose to further political screening.
Ginkgo Biloba @GinkgoB23958750
Perfect answer is Carrie lam and Xijinping’s death. For freedom of Hongkong.